In 18 things that people highly creative don’t do like the rest of people (*) Carolyn Gregoire (2014) explores the nature of creative individuals. Given the difficulty to make standard definitions, she describes 18 characteristics that creative people do different.
2. Observing everything;
3. Elaborating your own schedule (tailor-made);
4. Keeping some moments of loneliness for yourself;
5. Taking advantage of the problems that life brings;
6. Looking for new experiences;
7. Falling down and getting up again and again;
8. Posing big questions;
9. Observing people;
10. Taking risks;
11. Considering everything in life is an opportunity for self-expression;
12. Following your real passions;
13. Coming out of your own mind;
14. Losing the conscious of time;
15. Being surrounded by beauty;
16. Knowing how to unite the loose ends;
17. Liking radical changes; and…
18. Finding time to meditate.
Now I wonder…aren’t we all humans creative by nature?, and if so, can we then develop further our creativity? 😉
(*) For the complete article in Spanish:
Gregoire, C. (2014, March 7). 18 cosas que las personas altamente creativas no hacen igual que el resto. El Huffington Post. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.es/2014/03/07/18-cosas-que-las-personas_n_4918760.html.